UPCOMING SHOWS & SILOS 231 STUDIO HOURS (map below) http://www.sawyeryards.com/
- THROUGH JUNE 3RD: Honored to have a piece selected for the Visual Arts Alliance 34th Juried Open Exhibition! May 1- June 3 at Spring Street Studios, 1824 Spring St., Houston 77007 Juror: Rachel Cook of DiverseWorks
- OPEN Wed. June 7, 7:00-8:30PM Collector's Tour of 5 Artists' Studios, presented by Visual Arts Alliance (VAA) Begins at 7PM at 1502 Sawyer St., Silos at Sawyer Yards, studio 308 (artist Erik Hagen). Other artists on this tour besides myself (studio 231) are: photographer Martin Holmes (studio 133) and artists Daria Aksenova (studio 136) and John Hovig (studio 106).
- HONORED to have a piece selected for the upcoming Text & Image exhibition at Site:Brooklyn! Site:Brooklyn, 165 7th St., Brooklyn, NY, 11215. Juror: Edith Newall, Art Critic, The Philadelphia Enquirer
- SOLO SHOW Thurs. June 1- Mon. Jue 26 -St. Luke's UMC Rotunda Gallery (see below).
- Closed- Sat. June 10, 12-5PM -Second Saturday. - OPEN Fri. June 30, 5-9PM -Summer Series! - OPEN Fri. July 28, 5-9PM -Summer Series! - Closed- Sat. August 12, 12-5PM -Second Saturday. - OPEN Sat. September 9, 12-5PM -Second Saturday! - OPEN Sat. October 7, 5-10PM -Fall Biannual Stroll & Sale! - OPEN Sat. October 14th, 12-5PM -Second Saturday! - OPEN Sat, November 11, 12-5PM -Second Saturday! - OPEN Fri, December 1, 5-9PM -Holiday Party Open Studios! - OPEN Sat. December 9, 12-5PM -Second Saturday!
SOLO SHOW – MONTH OF JUNE
June 1st-26th Opening/Meet-and-Greet, Sunday June 4th, 10AM-11AM The Rotunda Gallery at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church 3471 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77027 713-622-5710
The Rotunda Gallery at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, established in the 1980s, has hosted many local artists, as well as artists from out of state, throughout the years. A portion of gallery proceeds directly benefits the fine arts at St. Luke’s and maintains/builds their permanent art collection, including three pieces of mine. The gallery is located in the hallway next to Fellowship Hall; open to visitors 9:30AM-5PM weekdays + 8AM-1PM Sundays.
I am a part of the art
at the heart of Houston
-Washington Avenue Arts District-
RECENT HONORS + COMMISSIONS
- Affiliation with Skyline Art Services (skylineartservices.com). - CDC Art on the Avenue 2016: Juried Room and 3rd place tie, out of hundreds of pieces. Juror: Jenny Ash of Houston Art League. - 1 commissioned Astrodome, personal memories Christmas gift to “Houston’s most avid Astros fan” from his family. - 3 commissioned 48x48 ink-and-acrylics on canvas, WITS student poetry, for Travis Elementary in The Heights. - 1 commissioned 16-diameter ink-and-acrylic on canvas for the Travis Elementary PTA. - 2 commissioned 11x14 inks on paper on behalf of Rebuilding Together Houston. - Honored by StudioVox. Chosen to be a member of SV100, their 100-person worldwide group of featured artists and creative thought leaders handpicked by StudioVox's founders, to collaborate, connect, explore ideas together, and mold the Los Angeles-based StudioVox social site into an even better site for creatives.