UPCOMING EXHIBITIONS & SILOS STUDIO 231 EVENTS (map below) http://www.sawyeryards.com/
- I am very honored to have had my piece Martin Luther King, Jr. selected for the Visual Arts Alliance 34th Juried Open Exhibition. The juror for this exhibition, Rachel Cook of DiverseWorks, chose only 1 piece out of every 10 submitted. Up through June 3 at Spring Street Studios, 1824 Spring St., Houston 77007.
- Collector's Tour of 5 Artists' Studios Please join us as the Visual Arts Alliance (VAA) presents an intimate tour of The Silos at Sawyer Yards, part of Sawyer Yards, one of the nation's largest collections of working artists. On Wednesday, June 7th from 7:00-8:30PM, we will enjoy a guided tour of five featured artists in The Silos, hear short artist talks at each studio, and learn about the history of the Sawyer Yards campus. We will see artwork including ink drawings, painting, photography, painting and sculpture. The artists on view are John Hovig in studio 106, Daria Aksenova in studio 136, Martin Holmes in studio 133, Marlo Saucedo in studio 231, andErik Hagenin studio 308. Meet at 7PM on June 7 at Silos at Sawyer Yards Studio 106, 1502 Sawyer St., 77007. Studio 106 is near the front door where the ART sculpture is, off Sawyer St. If arriving later than 7PM and we are no longer in studio 106, please follow the voices or check mezzanine studios 133, and 136, and ground floor studios 231, and 308.
- I am so excited and honored to have a piece selected for the upcoming Text & Image exhibition at Site:Brooklyn. The exhibition will run from June 16-July 16, 2017 at Site:Brooklyn, 165 7th St., Brooklyn, NY, 11215. The juror for this exhibition is Edith Newhall, art critic since 2005 for The Philadelphia Enquirer.
- My solo exhibition of recent work will be on display this summer from Thursday, June 2 through Monday, June 26 at the St. Luke's UMC Rotunda Gallery (details, see below).
-Open Studio events at The Silos, summer/fall/winter 2017:
Closed- Sat. June 10, 12-5PM -Second Saturday OPEN Fri. June 30, 5-9PM -Summer Series OPEN Fri. July 28, 5-9PM -Summer Series Closed- Sat. August 12, 12-5PM -Second Saturday OPEN Sat. September 9, 12-5PM -Second Saturday OPEN Sat. October 7, 5-10PM -Fall Biannual Stroll & Sale OPEN Sat. October 14th, 12-5PM -Second Saturday OPEN Sat, November 11, 12-5PM -Second Saturday OPEN Fri, December 1, 5-9PM -Holiday Party Open Studios OPEN Sat. December 9, 12-5PM -Second Saturday
SOLO SHOW – MONTH OF JUNE
June 2nd-26th Opening/Meet-and-Greet, Sunday June 4th, 10AM-11AM The Rotunda Gallery at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church 3471 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77027 713-622-5710
I am happy to be the featured artist for June, at my childhood church. The Rotunda Gallery at St. Luke’s United Methodist Church, established in the 1980s, has hosted many local artists, as well as artists from out of state, throughout the years. A portion of gallery proceeds directly benefits the fine arts at St. Luke’s and maintains/builds their permanent art collection, including three originals of mine. The gallery is located in the hallway next to Fellowship Hall; open to visitors 9:30AM-5PM weekdays + 8AM-1PM Sundays.
I am a part of the art
at the heart of Houston
-Washington Avenue Arts District-
RECENT HONORS + COMMISSIONS
- Affiliation with Skyline Art Services (skylineartservices.com). - CDC Art on the Avenue 2016: Juried Room and 3rd place tie, out of hundreds of pieces. Juror: Jenny Ash of Houston Art League. - 1 commissioned Astrodome, personal memories Christmas gift to “Houston’s most avid Astros fan” from his family. - 3 commissioned 48x48 ink-and-acrylics on canvas, WITS student poetry, for Travis Elementary in The Heights. - 1 commissioned 16-diameter ink-and-acrylic on canvas for the Travis Elementary PTA. - 2 commissioned 11x14 inks on paper on behalf of Rebuilding Together Houston. - Honored by StudioVox. Chosen to be a member of SV100, their 100-person worldwide group of featured artists and creative thought leaders handpicked by StudioVox's founders, to collaborate, connect, explore ideas together, and mold the Los Angeles-based StudioVox social site into an even better site for creatives.